Now that we’re spending more time at home and less time at our favourite restaurants, we have to make eating at home a just a little bit more interesting.
With very little effort, you can not only enjoy *but make* restaurant-style meals at home. And the best part? These meals are so easy to put together, that even the kitchen-phobic will get 5-star reviews from the family!
We’ve put together a few meal options to get you started, but feel free to switch and swap out any of the options to create your own Eat Out At Home menu.
Who can say no to biryani? No one! Making biryani at home, however, takes time and can be a bit complex. So when you’re in the mood for biryani but don’t have the time, open up a:
- Gits Ready Meals Vegetable Biryani. Fully cooked, with low cholesterol and no added colours or preservatives – simply heat in the microwave or stove and enjoy. A restaurant quality dish, ready in 2 minutes!
- Pair with tangy and spicy lime and chilli pickle to enhance the flavours of the Veg. Biryani and Fryums papad.
- Give your meal a sweet ending with Gits Vermicelli Kheer (ready in 3 steps!)
BLISSED-OUT BUTTER PANEER
There’s little doubt that butter paneer is on the Top 10 of all-time favourite Indian restaurant dishes. Make your own using Nimkish Butter Chicken spice mix with fresh or frozen paneer.
- Spiced to perfection, Nimkish ready to cook spice make cooking simple. There’s no need to add onion, ginger, garlic, salt and other spices, they’re all inside! Just add fresh ingredients like paneer (or tofu/chicken), tomatoes, milk and cream/malai.
- Pair with a classic mixed pickle and a quality basmati rice. (If you’ve never cooked with basmati before, pick a sella rice – it won’t overcook)
- For dessert, the soft, jelly-like Gits Bombay Halwa (made in 3 easy steps!) topped with nuts, will leave you nothing less than satisfied.
shop menu 2 - Blissed-out Butter Paneer
MOROCCO x INDIA
Morocco and India share many flavour profiles. Combining a bit of both foodie cultures with the tandoori and couscous, you’ll feel like you’ve travelled to far off destinations, without leaving home!
Marinate chicken/soya chicolets, with Nimkish Tandoori Chicken Spice Mix. Just add chicken/chicolets, yoghurt/mayonnaise and lemon to the spice mix and cook. Change things up and serve with Moroccan inspired couscous instead of rice.
Add a bit of crunch with Natural Bite Jeera Chilli Patti Papad.
Cool off with Gits Kulfi mix, a delicious dairy-based ice-cream that’s infused with the flavours of real saffron, pistachios and almonds.