There can’t be a more interesting way to make use of cooked rice! delight in this creamy, saucy, delicious dish, brimful with the goodness of corn and cheese.
1 ½ cups cooked and coarsely crushedsweet corn kernels
1 ½ cups cooked rice (chawal)
¾ cup butter
½ cup plain flour (maida)
2 ¼ cups milk
½ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
salt to taste
¹⁄3 cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in
¾ cup water
bread crumbs for rolling
oil for deep-frying
- Put the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the flour and cook for a few minutes till bubbles appear on it, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk and cook on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, till the mixture is thick, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the rice, sweet corn, coriander, green chillies and salt, mix well and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, divide the mixture into 40 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Dip each ball into the flour-water mixture and roll it in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry 3 to 4 balls at a time till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.