Crispy and full of flavour, these omelettes make the perfect breakfast.
Ingredients in bold available at The Spice Emporium
½ cup atta (brown bread flour)
½ cup semolina
½ cup mealie meal
½ cup maizina (cornflour)
salt to taste
2 tsp ginger, garlic and green chilli paste
410ml can cream-style sweetcorn
1 cup milk
½ cup coriander, chopped
Oil, to fry
1 onion, 1 tomato and 3 green chillies, chopped
grated cheddar cheese
ground black pepper
- Mix all dry batter ingredients together, slowly mixing in ginger garlic chilli paste, sweetcorn and milk into a semi-thick batter. (Add additional milk if too thick.)
- On medium heat, lightly coat non-stick frying pan with oil.
- Pour batter evenly in a circle and let the underside brown slightly.
- Take a handful of each filling and place on one half on the omelette. Add black pepper.
- Once cheese has melted and underside is golden brown, fold in half, remove from the stove and serve hot.