An instant version of the popular North Indian mixed vegetable pickle. This pickle is often served as a side dish. A delectable combination of fresh winter vegetables, raw mangoes and an enticing blend of spices and seasonings, sweetened with jaggery. This pickle can be stored refrigerated for upto one week. Serve this recipe with hot phudina naans.
1/2 cup carrot cubes
1/2 cup cauliflower florets
1/2 cup radish (mooli), cubed
2 tbsp grated raw mango
1/2 tbsp roasted fennel seeds (saunf) powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi) powder
1/2 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp grated jaggery (gur)
1/4 cup mustard oil
2 tsp salt
- Blanch the carrots, cauliflower and radish in salted water.
- Drain and place the blanched vegetables on an absorbent cloth and pat them dry.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add all the ingredients to it, stirring continuously.
- Cook till the jaggery has dissolved.
- Cool and serve immediately or store in a sterilised glass jar and refrigerated for upto 1 week.