Recipe by @saibskitchen
This vegan curry is mild, super creamy and so easy to make. It takes under 20 minutes to whip up with minimal effort needed from you.
Ingredients in bold available at The Spice Emporium.
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 punnet of button mushrooms, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
1 cup of water
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup cashews, soaked in hot water (optional)
Coriander, to top
- On a medium heat, fry your onion in some coconut oil (or olive oil) until soft and translucent. Add your garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add your cumin, coriander and chilli powder. Add your cauliflower and allow to coat in the spices and onion. Cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Add your mushrooms, give it a quick stir and cook for about 10 minutes until the mixture is a bit dry. If using, then blend your cashews (or roughly crush them) and add to the pot.
- Add your coconut milk and water and lower the heat.
- Leave to cook and thicken up for about 10 minutes, stirring often but gently to prevent it from catching at the bottom.
- While that is cooking, prepare your naan or rice.
- Serve with chopped coriander.