If you’re looking for a healthy snack that’s quick to make and delicious to eat, give these Date Balls a try. Nutritious and full of natural flavour and sweetness, they make for a guilt-free treat.
Ingredients in bold available at The Spice Emporium
2 cups chopped khodari/medjool dates
1 cup desiccated coconut
½ cup dry roasted peanuts
½ cup cashews
2 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp water
A pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla essence
- De-pitt dates and place in a food processor and blend until dates are chopped into medium sized chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients (except desiccated coconut) and blend until nuts are finely chopped and mixture is sticky in consistency.
- Spoon half a tablespoon of mixture into your hand roll into balls.
- In a plate, place desiccated coconut. Roll the date balls through the coconut to coat.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Tip: Add superfoods like chia seeds or ground flax seed to the mixture. For additional sweetness, use honey or stevia drops.
To roast raw peanuts, bake in the oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes and allow to cool before using in recipe.
WATCH VIDEO: https://youtu.be/Xx-WurmGoYA