Magically turn chickpea brine into incredible light and crunchy meringues.
A great vegan dessert.
Ingredients in bold available at The Spice Emporium
1 400g Liberty chickpeas can
1¼ cup castor sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
- Heat oven to 100C and line 1-2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Drain chickpea liquid into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Beat liquid using the whisk attachment. Once stiff peaks have formed
(around 10-15 minutes) slowly beat in castor sugar and vanilla essence.
- Using a spoon or icing bag, place mixture in blobs on the prepared trays and bake for
1½ hours until meringues are hard and not sticky to the touch.
- Once the meringues are cool, immediately store in an airtight container.
(If meringues get soft or sticky, pop them in the oven again for a few minutes.)