Who can resist a steaming plate of nachos, straight from the oven? With its crispy nacho chips, juicy veggies and meltingly gooey cheese, there’s just no saying no! Versatile and quick, you can use whatever you have in the fridge, all you need is a few packets of Cornitos Nachos Chips in the cupboard, to make a quick easy starter.
And with the variety of flavours like Thai Sweet Chilli, Tikka Masala, Sizzling Jalapeno and more, you can even theme your nachos using Asian, Indian and of course, Mexican flavoured toppings like sweet and sour sauce and paneer!
Prep time 15 minutes
Cooking time 1 hour 10 minutes
Ingredients in bold available at The Spice Emporium.
2 cups water
½ cup black beans (optional)
Pinch of salt
Non-stick spray or butter
3 60g Cornitos Nacho Chips (Flavour of your choice)
1½ cups shredded white cheese
⅓ cup corn kernels
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
1 tomato, diced fine
½ medium cucumber, julienned fine
¼ cup sliced pickled or fresh jalapeños, for serving
- Bring 2 cups of water to a simmer over medium to high heat. Once the water starts to heat up, switch to low heat. Cook the black beans on low heat until the beans are tender, add a pinch of salt for taste while the beans cook. This may take up to 1 hour. Drain the black beans and set aside for your nachos.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Use non-stick spray or butter to lightly grease your baking dish.
- Distribute Cornitos Nacho Chips in an even spread across the prepared baking dish. Now, top it with cheese, corn, tomato, avocado, black beans and cucumber.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with jalapeños and serve immediately.
There is no right or wrong way to make nachos, so, have fun with toppings! Switch up jalapenos with chillis, black beans with baked beans, add salsa and sour cream, the options are endless.