Recipe by @the_daily_dilemna
This is a Ramadaan speciality in many homes in South Africa and I grew up having it and now make it for my family. It’s called ‘Phirni’ and it’s a very simple, yet delicious dessert made with semolina.
Ingredients in bold available at The Spice Emporium.
4 tbs semolina
4 tbs Nestle Condensed Milk
4 cups milk
2 tsp badam mix (almonds, pista, pecan and cardamom, ground together)
a few drops pink food colouring
155g Nestle Dessert Cream
- Make a paste with half cup milk and the semolina.
- On high heat, bring rest of milk to boil. Add paste to milk and stir until it thickens.
- Add condensed milk and badam mix and stir.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Add cream and food colouring, stir until completely mixed.
- Pour into individual dessert bowls and decorate with crushed pistachio or as desired.